San Juan Passport Agency
Expedite your passport application. If you are traveling internationally soon and need to get your passport in a hurry, then contact the San Juan Passport Agency to see if you are eligible to expedite your passport. If so, they will then schedule an appointment so you can come in and apply for a passport. Make sure you verify what documents you need to bring with you, otherwise you risk delaying the passport application processing time.
Applying for a passport at San Juan Passport Agency
To apply at this passport agency, you must:
- Be traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 4 weeks
- Be able to show proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance)
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees
- Make an appointment
- You may also come into a passport agency if they need to correct a printing error in your recently-issued passport. No appointment is necessary and no fee will be charged
You may also come into a passport agency if we need to correct a printing error in your recently-issued passport. No appointment is necessary and no fee will be charged. If you have a life-or-death emergency, please see Life-or-Death Emergencies.
Please Note: If you were born in Puerto Rico, or are a naturalized U.S. citizen, you do not need a U.S. Passport Book or U.S. Passport Card to travel anywhere that is considered under U.S. jurisdiction, including the continental United States of America, Alaska, Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John), and other U.S. territories.
Making an appointment to apply for passport
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency. Be sure to write down your appointment confirmation number. To make an appointment, visit the Online Passport Appointment System. You may also call 877-487-2778 or 888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY), se habla español.
What you need to bring with you to apply for passport
Below is the list of documents you need to bring with you to your appointment:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of international travel. Examples: Flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, international car insurance
- Completed form(s)
- All required supporting documents
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee. They wil accept major credit cards, debit/check card (not ATM cards), cash (exact amount only - no change provided), checks and bank draft or money order
Instructions to get to your scheduled appointment
Below are instructions to follow when attending your scheduled appointment:
- They suggest you arrive 30 minutes early to go through security screening. Weapons, food, and drinks are not allowed
- See the security officer at the entrance to the building on the Promenade Level
- The Officer will direct you to take the elevator to the 9th floor
- Check in at the Information Desk. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment
- Be seated and wait until they call your number
- When they call your number, go to your assigned window
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options
Please note: They may not see you exactly at your appointment time.
San Juan Passport Agency
Avenida Jose de Diego Parada 22
San Juan PR 00940
Agency Location Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Atlantic Time)
By Appointment Only
Map of San Juan Passport Agency
Parking can be found at various public garages in the area. There isn't public parking available at the Minillas Government Center.