Los Angeles Passport Agency
Expedite your passport application. If you are traveling internationally soon and need to get your passport in a hurry, then contact the Los Angeles Passport Agency to see if you are eligible to expedite your passport. If so, they will then schedule an appointment so you can come in and apply for a passport. Make sure you verify what documents you need to bring with you, otherwise you risk delaying the passport application processing time.
Applying for a passport at Los Angeles Passport Agency
To apply at this passport agency, you must:
- Be traveling internationally in less than 2 weeks or need to get a foreign visa within 4 weeks
- Be able to show proof of international travel (such as your flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, or international car insurance)
- Pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to the regular application fees
- Make an appointment
You may also come into a passport agency if we need to correct a printing error in your recently-issued passport. No appointment is necessary and no fee will be charged. If you have a life-or-death emergency, please see Life-or-Death Emergencies.
Making an appointment to apply for passport
You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency. Be sure to write down your appointment confirmation number. To make an appointment, visit the Online Passport Appointment System. You may also call 877-487-2778 or 888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY), se habla español.
What you need to bring with you to apply for passport
Below is the list of documents you need to bring with you to your appointment:
- Appointment confirmation number
- Proof of international travel. Examples: Flight itinerary, hotel reservation, cruise tickets, international car insurance
- Completed form(s)
- All required supporting documents
- One passport photo
- Application fee and expedite fee. They wil accept major credit cards, debit/check card (not ATM cards), cash (exact amount only - no change provided), checks and bank draft or money order
Instructions to get to your scheduled appointment
Below are instructions to follow when attending your scheduled appointment:
- They suggest you arrive 30 minutes early to go through security screening. You must show valid government ID to enter the building. Weapons, food, and drinks are not allowed
- Check in at the Information Desk on the 1st Floor, Suite 1000. Give them your appointment confirmation number to verify your appointment
- Be seated and wait until they call your number
- When they call your number, go to your assigned window
- A Department of State employee will review your application and supporting materials and discuss available delivery options
Please note: They may not see you exactly at your appointment time.
Los Angeles Passport Agency
11000 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1000
Los Angeles CA 90024
Agency Location Hours
Monday through Friday
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
By Appointment Only
Map of Los Angeles Passport Agency
The West LA Federal Building has free three-hour visitor parking available towards the Veteran Avenue side of the building. Parking rates are subject to change without notice.